Oops, so much for consistently posting my days of thanks… 😁
3. The ability to travel, both physically and financially. I love going to the airport and people watching – everyone’s excited because they’re about to depart for a new experience or to see a loved one. Same thing goes for tourist spots. Travel refreshes the soul!
4. An easy recovery after gallbladder surgery. No complications, just a little bruising. Thank heavens!
5. Not having to rely on public transportation. I’m blessed to have a car, to have family members with their own cars, to have friends with their own cars… I’ve used public transportation in the past, and to be honest I feel guarded and a little on edge while using it. It’s stressful making sure you’re at the right spot at the right time and to make sure you’re safe. The only groceries you can buy is whatever you can carry.
6. These fresh summer rolls my mom makes. SO GOOD. One of my favorite things to eat. It’s filled with scrambled egg, green beans, crunchy carrots, cabbage, sweet potato, savory pork, crushed peanuts sprinkled with sugar, crisp lettuce, etc. Pretty labor intensive but so so good.
7. Variety of teas and gum available. Operation “don’t binge/snack” has been a go! I eat when I’m stressed or bored. Brewing tea followed by chewing gum helps satisfy this oral fixation (and hopefully helps me shed some lbs). Before, I think the amount of snackage I ate was equivalent to the amount in my meals. This will be so good for my long term health and self esteem.
What are you thankful for today?